以上各短语均含开始睡着之义。 These words all mean to start to sleep.
指入睡,有时指无意之中或在不适当的场合睡着: to start to sleep, sometimes when you do not intend to or in a situation that is not appropriate
When she finally fell asleep, she began to dream. 她终于睡着了,并开始做梦。
I pinched myself to stop myself from falling asleep. 我掐自己以防自己睡着。
指入睡,尤指有意想睡着: to start to sleep, especially when you intend to
I shut my eyes and tried to go to sleep. 我闭上了眼睛想睡。
He woke for a moment and then went to sleep again. 他醒了一会儿,然后又睡了。
指开始入睡,尤指经过很长时间或很难才睡着: to start sleeping, especially after a long time or when this is difficult
He took a long time getting to sleep that night. 他那天晚上过了好长时间才睡着。
指睡着,尤指渐渐地入睡: to fall asleep, especially gradually
I must have drifted off, because when I woke we were nearly home. 我一定是睡着了,因为我醒来时我们已快到家了。
指睡着了一会儿,尤指坐着或在不该睡觉时打瞌睡: ( informal ) to fall asleep for a short time, especially when you are sitting down and when you are not supposed to be sleeping
I was practically nodding off in that meeting. 我在那次会议上差点睡着了。
指打盹儿、小睡: ( BrE informal ) to start sleeping lightly
I dropped off and missed the end of the film. 我打了个盹儿,错过了影片的结尾。